My job as a Librarian in the 21st century is never boring. I am more than just a keeper of the books! My job description entails:
  • Inspiring children to develop a love for reading and researching.
  • Creating a user friendly learning environment.
  • Planning and teaching information literacy lessons.
  • Developing and maintaining a collection of resources to meet the needs of a diverse community.
  • Maintaining a balanced library budget.
  • Planning reading incentives and reward programs.
  • Collaborating with teachers and students.
  • Troubleshooting computers and AV equipment.
  • Continuous assessment of how well my library program meet the needs of the learning community.
  • Extending and updating my learning through professional development.
  • Giving Hugs and High Fives to my students!